Joy from the Messiah


On Sunday morning we lit the final candle on our advent wreath (we lit the Christ Candle at our Christmas Eve Service.)  Joy is a powerful thing.  It is so easy to get discouraged but isn't it amazing how much joy does for someone?  Whenever I get frustrated or discouraged I like to put on a Christian comedy channel on Pandora.  People like Jeff Allen, Bob Smiley, Tim Hawkins, Ken Davis, Mark Lowey, etc. always seem to make me laugh; and lift me right up. 

The greatest joy we can ever receive is the joy that comes from Jesus the Messiah.  If you do not know Christ you will never truly have joy.  In my Christmas Eve morning sermon I preached about the response the shepherds made upon receiving the joy which comes only through Christ.      

Sermon by Rev. Dan Squezello

At First Baptist Church of Westwood

On December 24, 2017

Title: "Joy from the Messiah"

Text: Luke 2:15-20

www.fbcwonline.info

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

https://archive.org/download/JoyFromTheMessiah/JoyFromTheMessiah.mp3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Baptism of Jesus

Fighting Off Temptation

Finding Jesus